Monday, April 14, 2008

saturday

I would like to thank everyone who voted (rationally) in last week's poll, recognizing that James McAvoy is indeed ridiculously fit and totally deserving of all of the praise/schoolgirl obsessions I heap upon him. Also, I should note that this weekend's watching of Atonement marked the conclusion of my McAvoy period, aside of course from episodes of Foyle's War and Inspector Lynley that I fully intend to watch on my computer sometime in the near future. However, I will say that I was a bit disappointed with him in this movie, not because his acting was in anyway lacking, as it was in fact superb, but for some reason, maybe the makeup, he was, I don't know, less hot than normal, which is strange considering much of the movie sees him in a rather sexy BEF uniform. That's not to say he wasn't hot, just that I was actually able to concentrate on other things on the screen besides him, which is actually rather rare in his movies. There was however the whole tuxedo period, capped off with the library scene, and while I'm loathe to post an abundance of youtube videos, this shit is hot and pretty much represents everything I could ever ask for in a sexual fantasy:



Oh, and the movie itself - very good actually, wonderful acting, writing, art direction, cinematography, and score, and surprisingly Kiera Knightley managed to never annoy the shit out of me. But of course the book was better.

No comments: