Thursday, December 4, 2008

let me see you move it



Designer Drugs Designer Drugs Designer Drugs Designer Drugs. Probably what I sound like to a lot of people these days. I've been pretty much obsessed with these guys ever since I concurrently discovered their one original song, "ZOMBIES!", and their remix of Little Boots' "Meddle" (brilliantly subtitled "Designer Drugs 80's Coke Jam Remix") sometime back in October. But only recently did I have the most head-smackingly obvious idea ever, that is to search them on hype machine to see what else I could turn up. No more original tracks, sadly, but I did uncover a trove of utterly fantastic remixes, of which I've now acquired enough of to make a legitimate playlist in lieu of an actual album. These tracks run the gamut from a killer take on IAMX's "Spit It Out" to a curious, but still awesome, mix of Mariah Carey's "I'll Be Lovin U Long Time", but it's their remix of Treasure Fingers' "Cross the Dancefloor" that takes the cake:


Treasure Fingers, "Cross the Dancefloor (Designer Drugs Remix)"

Thought I was over this track, but leave it up to these bass-heavy bastards to make it seem brand new again.

No comments: