Thursday, December 4, 2008

keep that chin up

"Enough with the 'Heartbreaker' remixes. There are other Metronomy songs you know!"

That would be me, two days ago, on the facebook chat, bemoaning, well, the preponderance of "Heartbreaker" remixes. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome song, and some really good tracks have been generated from it, but it's starting to get a little old. My whining though was apparently quite prescient, as this month will see the release of the second single generated from best-of-'08 candidate Nights Out, and I'll be damned if it isn't one of my favorite tracks from said record, "A Thing For Me".



Featuring remixes from, amongst others, Mad Decent, Sinden, and Breakbot, it's scheduled to hit on the 15th, but seeing as how the internet is an awesome awesome place, it's readily available at this very moment (I shouldn't have to tell you where). And while I pretty much love the whole thing, the drumline-esque Mad Decent remix is easily my favorite:


Metronomy, "A Thing For Me (Mad Decent Remix)"

How I long for the day when someone drops that shit at a party. And for sake of comparison, and for those who for some unholy reason have yet to listen to one of the best singles from 2008 (or, for that matter, one of the best albums of 2008), here's the original:


Metronomy, "A Thing For Me"

No comments: