Monday, November 17, 2008

laying it all out

I make it a point to try and keep this blog as personal as possible, to divorce myself from reality and just write about what makes me happy, namely music, video games, hot guys, and a lot of other shit that, in the grand scheme of things, is pretty inconsequential. However, upon realizing that I posted once last week when normally I'd do at least five, I guess I owe somewhat of an explanation, though keeping in with my theme I'm going to make it as ambiguous as possible. Basically what it boils down is that there has been a particular issue in my personal life for the past several months, one which has plagued my thoughts day in and day out and one which, as of recently, has really come to a head (and one which, if you know me well, you've likely heard about). So I find myself at a point where something needs to be done, where changes need to be made, where the simplest solution may not be the best, or the easiest one, and where, in all truth, I pretty much have no fucking clue what to do. It's because of this, because I've been near-obsessing over this issue as of late, that blogging isn't exactly a priority. I ask my fairly small and possibly dwindling audience to be patient - things will surely go back to normal, at least on this blog, but I have no idea when that might be. There are things that need to be taken care of, transitions that may have to be made, to get my psyche back on track, and until then you probably shouldn't expect more than sporadic posting, often accompanied by the depressing song du jour. Sorry.


Of Montreal, "Eros' Entropic Tundra"

Update: Reading this over I'm realizing that it comes across as rather melodramatic. I'm not going to retract any statements I made, and I still stand behind it 100% in terms of my current feelings, but shit, I sound like I'm fucking dying of cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How am i supposed to know if you are alive if you don't blog every day?