Tuesday, July 1, 2008

2000008

As it's the first day of the second half of 2008, I figured I'd jump on the blog bandwagon and do a little "best of the first half" list. Songs tend to be the basis for most of these lists, but I'm really lazy, which is evidenced not only by the fact that I've chosen to do albums instead, but also by the fact that I've entirely ditched the original plan to include a short blurb and a downloadable track for each. Anyway, I've written about and, in most cases, posted a track from each at some point in time, so if you really care that's what the search function is for. So here they are, my top 10 albums of the first half of 2008, presented in no particular order (except for Cut Copy - total number one) because I am, yes, really fucking lazy.


Cut Copy, In Ghost Colours


Hot Chip, Made In the Dark


Crystal Castles, Crystal Castles


The LK, Vs. the Snow


Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend


Kleerup, Kleerup


Portishead, Third


Santogold, Santogold


Sigur Ros, Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust


Hercules and Love Affair, Hercules and Love Affair

No comments: