Thursday, September 4, 2008

boring music stuff, of course

1. Video for Hot Chip's "Wrestlers", featuring an inexplicable cameo by James Murphy, rather uncharismatic if you ask me but he's wearing an awesome DFA shirt that I kind of want.



2. New, technically unreleased Of Montreal. Was hesitant at first, gave it some time and now I kind of love it. Dig the song structure, which reminds me a lot of The Fiery Furnaces (particularly Blueberry Boat, which is one of my favorite albums of all time), and of course I dig the dirty lyrics cause I'm frakking perv. It's no Hissing Fauna, but really what is? Anyway, the first track off the album, "Nonpareil of Favor", is pretty sweet, plus it's all over the internet - unlike what's probably my favorite track, "Beware Our Nubile Miscreants" - so I've posted it below for your listening pleasure.


Of Montreal, "Nonpareil of Favor

No comments: