Monday, March 10, 2008

tgi

The Chicago Tribune has a wonderful, LONG interview with Tim Gunn (mostly) about Season 4, and while it abounds with a wealth of grade-a material, the best part is about Victorya, namely that she's even more of a bitch than I thought:

“She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her. I said to her, ‘You know what makes me beside myself is the fact that there are thousands of designers who would love to be in your place. What’s the matter with you?’

“She said, ‘I never dreamed the experience of being on the show would be like this.’ We said, ‘What do you mean?’ ‘I never dreamed we’d only have a day for challenges, that we wouldn’t have any breaks.’ ‘But you said you saw the show.’ She said, ‘I assumed it was cheated.’ I said, ‘Then you only have your own delusions to blame.’ She was really angry and bitter.

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

“She wanted me to count the money in each envelope. I looked to the producer on site with us, and I said, ‘I’m not doing this, am I?’ and he said, ‘The rules say that if a designer asks for the money to be counted, we have to count it.’ I said, ‘Fine,’ and asked why she wanted it counted. And she had pulled out this sheaf of papers – she had the rules with her – and she said, ‘I don’t believe that we all have the same amount of money.’ Why would we do that? If someone didn’t have the right amount, wouldn’t they come to me? So I counted the money.

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore. I just said to her, ‘I fundamentally don’t understand why you can’t understand that he is seriously ill. Furthermore, it’s a MRSA [infection]. We are all at risk.’ But she said we were forcing him out and that shouldn’t happen and we should have a hearing or something.”
And later on he mentions how amazing it would've been for her to have had to participate in the WWE challenge - Tim, you're a fucking genius. Anyway, read the rest here, and as always, apologies for the massive cut and paste job!

UPDATE: Bitchface herself responds. I still hate her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She seems quite the bitch to me and therefore I am confused at your previous infatuation with her. Obviously David has not met you or he'd dump the ___ (fill in your favorite or most repulsive epithet for a nasty woman here). If I was Christian I would make something to embarrass her. You go Timm!! At least he has class and excellent taste.

Anonymous said...

Obviously I am confused - I thought we were talking Beckham not Hong. Catch up Rowdy! (too much pain medication obviously)
Now imagine an orange, tailless cat blushing...