Wednesday, February 6, 2008

upcoming (kinda)

It's been a while since I've been to a truly fantastic concert - MIA in November is the last one that springs to mind - so it's nice to see that there's actually, you know, cool people finally making it to DC:

3/11, Justice, 930 Club: Would really love to go to this, but $30 seems kinda steep, and while the French electro duo would be a nice prelude to my Paris trip the following week, in that same vein it'd be wise to save my money so that I don't, ya know, starve to death (aka not have enough money to get drunk with hot French boys). We'll see...

4/2, Jens Lekman, Black Cat: Still kind of embarrassed that it took me so long to notice this guy, especially considering that he's Swedish, but oh well! Fortunately he's coming back to DC, and based on reviews I've read it should be a great show. Plus it's only $13. Awesome.

4/11, Hot Chip, 930 Club: Saw these guys last year - I was ridiculously fucked up from staying up til like 10AM doing god knows what the night before, and we made the grave error of not getting there until halfway through "Boy From School", but still turned out to be an utterly fantastic show. Not sure how much it's gonna cost, but based on how great their new album is (yes, I'll shut up about it eventually) it will most certainly be worth it.

No comments: