Friday, February 1, 2008

transatlantic

In honor of a dear friend's upcoming birthday, I would like to now discuss something that has been a source of enjoyment to me since the drunken debauchery that was my Dublin vacation back in 2004:



Eddie Rocket's is a restaurant with locations all over Ireland. The interior looks like this:



Yes, it's like the SAME FUCKING THING as Johnny Rocket's. Except in Ireland. And called Eddie Rocket's. And, according to wikipedia, not in any way affiliated with Johnny Rocket's. I never actually ate there, mostly because my cravings for American food were satisfied by the amazing Rick's Burgers and, yes, Burger King, but still, fucking odd, right?

2 comments:

Diabetes and Me said...

I hope to god this is in reference to me....if not, i'll cry. In fact, I'm crying a little bit right now because I seriously miss you so fucking much it hurts my heart. Why can't we be attached at the hip? Probably because we are too fat to do so. Also, at Eddie Rockets (I like to imagine he is the less popular, slightly retarded brother of johnny who got no love as a child so, in response, copied his brother's chain in Ireland only) they have a sauce called "Booger sauce" and it is comprised of Ketchup, Mayo and Mustard and yes, it is absolutely delicious. I love you faggot!

the grapist said...

It's actually for someone's b-day tomorrow. But delight in knowing that until mid-March I will be feverishly searching for images of St. Vincent's Hospital for your very own dedicatory blog post.