Tuesday, February 26, 2008

please tell me there's a video of this

I'm not sure if Colin Firth was joking or just making a terrible, terrible mistake at the Independent Spirit Awards, but either way, I'm pissed I didn't see it. From Showbiz Spy:

The Love, Actually hunk was introducing the best screenplay at the Independent Spirit Awards when actress Adrienne Shelly’s name was mentioned for ‘Waitress’, which she wrote and starred in before her murder. Firth left an awkward gasp from the audience as he then asked “Is she here?” Shelly, 40, was murdered in her New York apartment in 2006 just two months before her final film, ‘Waitress’, premiered to rave reviews at the Sundance Film Festival.
In other news, remember in Love, Actually when Laura Linney didn't bang Rodrigo Santoro because of her stupid retarded brother even though he was in her bed in those HOT black briefs? It still pisses me off to this day. And speaking of awkward awards show moments and Laura Linney, this video is probably the best thing I've seen in a while:

No comments: