Thursday, February 21, 2008

all points broke


Looks like the rumors were true. The All Points West Music & Arts Festival, taking place over 3 days in early August at Liberty State Park in Jersey City and serving as a kind of Coachella East (it's produced by AEG Live and Golden Voice, the folks behind the original festival), have announced their headlining act. Who is it, you ask? Well, it's enough to get me blogging at 9:30 in the morning, so the answer should be pretty clear. Yorke & Co. will be taking the stage not only on the first night of the festival, August 8th, but also on the second, leaving me with such vexing questions as "Should I do both nights?" and, perhaps more importantly, "How the FUCK am I going to afford this?" Details are scant at the moment, particularly in regards to other participants, ticket prices, on-sale date - well, pretty much everything, except RADIOHEAD(!!!!!111!!) performing before a backdrop of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Manhattan skyline - but you can be sure I'll post when something new comes up. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go shit my pants.

No comments: